Paulina Sudhalter went to Chapman University and graduated a year early in May of 2018 with a degree in Strategic and Corporate Communications. She was involved in Alpha Kappa Psi, Gamma Phi Beta, I Am That Girl, was a Chapman Ambassador, studied abroad, had several internships and much more!
Now, Paulina is an advisor for her sorority, volunteers at Big Brothers Big Sisters, and is working a full time job. With all her involvement both on and off campus, Paulina has learned a great deal about how to effectively network and has shared some of her tips:
- Be open to relationships and always have a positive attitude when you come into contact with someone
- “Luck is where preparation meets opportunity”- be prepared so when opportunities present themselves, you can be brave and put yourself out there
- Know yourself so you know what kind of people to look for to reach out to
- Be able to blend your authentic and business self
- Set personal boundaries
- Find little tricks to preserve your mindset
- LinkedIn is one of the most helpful platforms to reach out to people
- Be persistent using the Rule of Three
- Make sure your closest friends support you and have compatible energy
- Set intentions
- Give compliments
To get connected with Paulina, you reach out to her through:
In my interview with Paulina, she delves further into these topics, sharing what she does in certain situations to preserve her energy, get ready for important interviews, how to craft messages to people, etc., so don’t forget to listen to the full interview below!